Daily Gratitude Prompts for your bujo
Daily gratitude Journal Prompts are a simple pleasure that can have huge positive effects on your life today, and will genuinely change how you view everything around you.
The power of gratitude has been proven time and again, with those who keep a gratitude list finding that recording their positive experiences helps them to view life in a whole new way.
Small acts of kindness and lots of other amazing things are around us every day, but seeing them in the present moment can be hard for us all.
These 101 gratitude journal ideas will help you to find positive thoughts and capture any feelings of gratitude you might be experiencing in the next blank page of your journal.
27 Daily Gratitude Journal Prompts
With so much beauty surrounding us in the world, every day gives a brand new opportunity to take some time to give gratitude for our lives, noticing all of the good things we come across.
Kick off your gratitude journey with the 27 gratitude prompts below, to really highlight even the small ways we are blessed.
1. What freedom do you enjoy but perhaps take for granted?
2. What simple pleasures can you enjoy each today?
3. Describe the last time you got excited at work? Why?
4. What is your favorite time of day and why?
5. What could you change about your work to make you happier each day?
6. List 5 simple pleasures you are grateful for today.
7. What are you thankful for about the food and drink that you have each day?
8. What music are you most grateful for and why?
9. Name 1 thing you have done today that made you happy.
10. What activities in your day are you thankful for?
11. Name one of the small things that made you smile or laugh today.
12. What is something beautiful you saw today?
13. If you are fortunate enough to have somewhere you call home, somewhere dry and warm, take some time to give gratitude for this.
14. What do you love most about each of the 4 seasons?
15. Describe the positivity you found in your day today.
16. How does social media help you feel more connected to people?
18. Describe something beautiful that you see everyday, maybe on your way to work or at home.
19. What are you grateful for about the village, town or city that you live in?
20. What are you grateful for about the Country that you live in?
21. What is the best thing about your job?
22. What are you most grateful for in your morning or evening routine?
23. Name 3 items that you use every day and are grateful for.
24. What is your favorite smell? Does it remind you of anything?
25. What is your favorite sight in the entire world?
26. What is your favorite sound?
27. What beautiful thing did you notice today that you have never noticed before?
30 Personal Gratitude Prompts
There are so many benefits of gratitude, and personal gratitude is a very good way to move beyond any tough times you might be experiencing.
Looking to yourself and appreciating all that you have in your life and all that you’re capable of, will show you that the best days of your life might be here already!
So it’s time to spark some grateful thoughts for the little things in your life and watch everything else fall into place.
- Name 1 thing you have learned about yourself in the last month.
- What makes you feel confident and strong?
- What is one of your favorite personal qualities?
- Describe a hobby that brings you joy. Why?
- Name a song that brings you joy. Why?
- Name something creative that brings you joy. (theater, music, painting, writing…)
- Write about a way you have invested in yourself.
- What have you learned this year about yourself that has benefited you?
- What is one of the best things about being the age that you are now?
- List your 3 favorite songs. How do they make you feel?
- Name a way that each of your 5 senses brings something good to your daily life.
- List 5 things that make you happy.
- Where is your favorite place to go on vacation and why?
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- What is the hardest thing you’ve had to do? Did it lead to personal discovery or accomplishment?
16. Describe something funny that you experienced or have seen recently. Why was it funny?
17. List 7 things that you enjoy doing without thinking too much… (driving, sleeping, eating etc.)
18. What do you love most about your life?
19. How does keeping a gratitude journal help support your mental health and stress levels?
20. Can you think of anything that you take for granted?
21. What do you love about yourself?
22. Think of something that is physically or mentally difficult in your life but makes you stronger. Why would this make you grateful?
23. List 3 strengths you possess that are unique to you.
24. Write about 10 things in your home that bring you joy.
25. What part of your body are you most grateful for right now?
26. What can your body do that you’re most grateful for?
27. What is your favorite motivational quote? What does it make you think of?
28. What’s your favorite thing about animals?
29. What tradition are you grateful for?
30. Write about a place that you cherish. Maybe a childhood/relatives home.
17 Gratitude Prompts - Friends and Family
Our friends and family (and sometimes even strangers), are undoubtedly the most important part of our lives.
Using these gratitude journal prompts to appreciate the people around you, will ensure that not only will you never take them for granted again, but you’ll feel even more appreciation and love for the support you all provide one another.
- What is your favorite memory with one (or both) of your parents?
- What do you/did you most love about your parents?
- What is your favorite memory with one of your brothers and/or sisters?
- Name 3 people who you aren’t related to, who you are grateful for and why?
- What do you like most about your partner?
- What memory do you cherish most with your partner?
- What do you cherish about your children?
- What do you most love about your siblings?
- What do you love most about your best friend?
- Write about a time you helped someone else. How did it feel?
- Name a person in your life that you are thankful for.
- Who is a friend you’re grateful for and why?
- Write about 3 people that make your life better. Have you ever thanked them?
- Who is the person in your life you are most grateful for and why?
- Write about how someone has helped you recently. How did it make you feel?
- Name 1 thing you’re grateful for about each close family member in your life.
- What is the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever received?
10 Prompts on Gratitude For The Future
You may be wondering how you can be grateful for something that hasn’t even happened yet, but there is always something around the corner you can plan to be thankful for.
Approaching each day with gratitude on your mind, is a great way to ensure you get the most out of every single day!
Take a look below for 10 ways you can look to the future with thanks
- List 3 things you will stop to notice and appreciate in the next 24 hours.
- What small thing can you look forward to in the next few days?
- What are you most looking forward to in the coming week?
- Name 3 things that you are looking forward to in the next 12 months.
- What’s a guilty pleasure in your life that you are thankful for?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Think of a way you can practice gratitude on a daily basis
- What 3 small, positive changes can you make, to add more happiness to each day?
- List 5 different ways you can support your close family and have a positive impact on their lives over the next year
- Write a positive way you can impact someone’s day tomorrow
17 Positive Journal Prompts for your Past
An opportunity to reflect and give gratitude for everything your life has taught you up to now, because let’s be honest – even the hard bits have shaped who you are today.
Here are 17 gratitude journal prompts, helping you appreciate the past.
- What is your favorite memory with your children?
- Write about how far you’ve come in the past 3 years and where are you now?
- What positive experience happened in the last week that you are thankful for?
- What aspects of nature did you appreciate in the last week?
- When were you proud of yourself for getting outside of your comfort zone?
- Describe your day yesterday and at least 3 things that were great about it.
- Write about a challenge or hard times that you have overcome and are now stronger for.
- Write 1 moment, memory or experience in your life that you will cherish forever.
- Describe the last time you took care of yourself? What did you do and how did it make you feel?
- What is a hardship you experienced that had a silver lining?
- List 5 things you’ve learned in the past year.
- Name something you’ve accomplished that you are proud of.
- Name something awesome that happened to you in the last week, month, or year?
- Describe your favorite vacation, what did you do there?
- What is the most powerful thing that a book has ever taught you?
- What is one way that time has made you wiser?
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
Grattitude Journal Prompts - The Bottom Line
Now you can see why gratitude journaling is our favorite way to bring more positivity and joy into our lives, such a simple yet wonderful thing!
The best gift you can give yourself are the positive habits of gratitude, and before you know it, great things will fall into place when gratitude is the first thing you do each day
For creating more positive habits, check out your next beautiful notebook, or maybe you’d like some therapeutic journal prompts to support your mental health, why not check out our page dedicated to Bullet Journaling…