79 Bible Verses That Will Boost Your Self Confidence
Have you recently found yourself struggling with confidence or experiencing low self-esteem?
Life is full of hurdles and at some point, we all come across hard times, wondering how we can stand firm and find the strength to rebuild our confidence and self-worth.
The good news is that as a child of God, you can look to your favorite Bible verses and the Lord Jesus Christ, as one of the very first things that can help us to re-build great confidence.
Below we have the very thing to lift your inner-self and your confidence along with it.
So sit back and relax as you immerse yourself in God’s love, with 79 Bible verses about self confidence, a wonderful way to boost your self-esteem.
Bible Verses about self confidence
1. Hebrews 10:35 – Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
2. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
3. 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
4. Hebrews 10:35-36 – Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.
5. Hebrews 13:6 – So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
6. Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
7. Psalm 139:13-14 – For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
8. Psalm 27:3 – Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.
9. Proverbs 3:6 – In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
10. Psalm 138:8 – The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. (New King James Version)
11. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
12. Ephesians 4:29 – Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
13. 1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
14. Psalm 138:8 – The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.
15. Philippians 1:6 – And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
16. Matthew 19:26 – But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
17. Hebrews 4:16 – Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
18. Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
19. Matthew 6:34 – Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
20. Proverbs 3:26 – For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
21. 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
22. Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe
23. 1 Corinthians 2:3-5 – And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
24. James 1:12 – Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
25. Philippians 4:4-7 – Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
26. Proverbs 3:1-26:28 – My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. …
27. Isaiah 40:31 – But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
28. Proverbs 1:7 – The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction
29. Hebrews 10:35 – Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
30. 1 Timothy 4:12 – Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
31. 2 Timothy 2:1 – You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus,
32. Philippians 3:3 – For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—
33. 1 John 5:14 – And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
34. Acts 1:8 – But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
35. Psalm 139:14 – I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
36. Psalm 20:7 – Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord God.
37. Matthew 9:29 – Then he touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith be it done to you.”
38. 1 John 3:20-21 – For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God;
39. Psalm 56:3 – When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
40. Philippians 2:14 – Do all things without grumbling or questioning.
41. Romans 12:3 – For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
42. Psalm 27:1-2 – The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.
43. Hebrews 11:1-40 – Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous, God commending him by accepting his gifts. And through his faith, though he died, he still speaks. By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God.
44. Psalm 42:5 – Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation
45. 1 John 5:14-15 – And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
46. Proverbs 14:26 – In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.
47. Romans 8:1-39 – There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. …
48. Romans 8:30 – And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
49. Nehemiah 6:16 – And when all our enemies heard of it, all the nations around us were afraid and fell greatly in their own esteem, for they perceived that this work had been accomplished with the help of our God.
50. Ephesians 2:10 – For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
51. Jeremiah 17:7 – Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.
52. 2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
53. Ephesians 3:12 – In whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him.
54. Romans 8:38-39 – For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
55. John 13:34-35 – A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
56. Isaiah 32:17 – And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever.
57. Galatians 5:10 – I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view than mine, and the one who is troubling you will bear the penalty, whoever he is.
58. Proverbs 28:1 – The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
59. Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.
60. Psalm 118:6 – The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
61. Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
62. Jeremiah 17:7-8 – Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.
63. Psalm 50:15 – And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
64. 1 Peter 3:9 – Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
65. Deuteronomy 32:10 – He found him in a desert land, and in the howling waste of the wilderness; he encircled him, he cared for him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.
66. Proverbs 28:26 – Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.
67. Proverbs 3:24-26 – If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
68. Ephesians 2:9 – Not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
69. Psalm 118:24 – This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
70. 2 Chronicles 32:8 – With him is an arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles. And the people took confidence from the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
71. 1 John 4:4 – Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
72. 1 John 4:17 – By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.
73. 1 Corinthians 15:58 – Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
74. Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
75. Matthew 18:10 – See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
76. 2 Chronicles 16:9 – For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. You have done foolishly in this, for from now on you will have wars.”
77. Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
78. Mark 9:23 – And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”
79. Psalm 23:1-6 – The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.